What's new
What's new

10/12Kw ATC Spindle needs VFD

KpAtch3s

Plastic
Title pretty much says it all. I have a spindle from Hiteco QE-1F 10/11 24 HSK63F that's' going on a CNC Router table. . Trying to find a solution to go from 220v single phase to 3 phase 380v. Thus far I've not been able to find a solid solution, or at least what I think I should be able to find. I've been diving down the rabbit hole to wrap my head around everything for a few days. Currently considering... all options. All the VFD's I've looked at that'll convert the power from 1 to 3 phase seem to stop at 3hp ratings. So considering a 25hp RPC, but having difficulty finding one that'll output 380v's. So I'll need to step down to 380 and then find an appropriate VFD.

:wall:

Feel like I must be insane :nutter: thinking it would be easy to find a simple, single box solution a few days ago. Hopefully, you guys can point me in the right direction.

Consider a 20 Hp Phase Perfect PT020 followed by a 3 phase step up transformer. RPC to step-up transformer. A single phase transformer could be used to step the voltage to 380V followed by a VFD, but would need to be derated by at least ~50% for single phase input, probably a more costly proposition.

Some chinese manufacturers make a rectifier-and-capacitor voltage doubler that can then be used to feed the DC link on a higher voltage VFD. This also allows you to use a VFD without derating for single phase input, as you're not using the onboard rectifiers.

I haven't seen these available outside NZ for some reason.

I guess you could make your own reasonably simply.

Hmmm, what about something like this? Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Control method is V/F Closed loop rather than sensorless vector or flux, but any feed back about these type of units?

I think that is one of the Huanyang units listed in the sticky as being banned from discussion.

I would want a half-decent manufacturer for the output part; the input part is less critical. Most drives this size should have DC link terminals allowing you to just feed them with 600VDC.

Back