Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMM View Post
    I can now confirm regardless of what the nameplate says, it is a 230V 3 phase motor.
    If this will be run on an RPC, the L2 line should not be the generated leg since it can be at a significantly higher voltage with respect to neutral/ground and that leg runs the 120V single phase table motor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
    I'm not an expert, but I don't think that there's any such thing as 120V 3 phase on the US. I'm not sure why there are three wires- Hot, neutral, ground, perhaps? As you probably know, 3ph gets 240 volts from adding any two 120V legs. Many (most?) areas have a high leg, or stinger ranging from 208 to 240V. I dd a very brief google search, and couldn't find anything about 120V 3ph, but again, I'm not an expert.
    The phases are 120 degrees apart, not 180 degrees, like 220 volt single phase. The voltage across two phases is 208 volts. That is why you will somtimes see a dual voltage motor marked 120/208-230. From neutral to any phase it is 120, just like from either of of the 220 leads to neutral.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk