What's new
What's new

2 Hp TECO E510 on a FRAY mill, 1200 RPM, 1 Hp, 230V motor

NRDock

Cast Iron
Rather than bump my old thread, I'm starting over with a new problem. After a factory reset, and following the correct section of the correct manual, I have the mill running on the TECO. Starting however, is inconsistent.

Sometimes it starts up smoothly like my VFD powered lathe always does.
Sometimes, it rattles a bit, and then proceeds to run smoothly. Belt drive?
Other time, it rattles a bit, and settles into running at either 1.6 or 0.6 Hz. It cannot be adjusted from there. I have to shut down, and restart, which I think always works on the next try. WTF

Yesterday was the first I spent much time running this, or any, mill. I turn it on and off a lot (Lathe has a clutch). 1/3 starting fails has gotten tedious. I welcome any suggestions as where to start tuning or troubleshooting.

If you did a factory reset and did not put in all the motor parameters then it could be an issue, the factory defaults will be different then your motor. See 02 Motor parameters (page 4-10, 4-38) and adjust ALL to the motor specs:
Parameter 02-07 is poles and this must be set to 6 for a 1200 RPM motor
Then run 02-14 which is Auto-Tune on the E510.

If everything checks out, I would then run it in sensorless vector control 00:00 = 1:Vector Mode

Thanks Guys!
I wonder how many different versions of the E510 there are?
In my manual, 02-07 is indeed poles. 02-14 Doesn't exist. mksj, my page numbers don't match yours.
My whole group 17 is Automatic Tuning Parameters.

Today, six hours installing a garage door opener. Tomorrow, helping a friend build a deck.
Maybe I'll sort it out later this weekend.

Back