What's new
What's new

??? 2015 Fadal Taiwan Built 2015 Series1 Syntec Spindle Drive from 240 Volt 3 Phase

Gman4405

Aluminum
I have a 2015 Fadal 4020B Taiwan Built 2015 Series 1 VMC with High Torque motor (23 KVa) useing Syntec Spindle Drive from 240 Volt Single Phase 200 amp service (Edison Electric Residential Service) converted to 3 Phase power thru a North America 30 HP Rotary Phase Converter. Because the input is 240 volt vs. 208-220 typically found in commercial buildings my output on the 3rd phase manufactured leg is reading 255 (Phase Converter engineer states higher voltage comes down close to 240 when put under a load...spindle running) at the machine The other two legs are apr. 240. Initially the installation tech was concerned with the 255 volt reading and wanted me to buy an $1,800 step down isolation type transformer which is also quite large and as many know when they are running they make a somewhat annoying buzzing sound. Very small shop in residential neighborhood so space and noise is also a condideration. I contacted both engineering departments from Syntec Spindle Drives and Yaskawa Axis drieved and they say Im at the high end of the +/- 10 % over 230 volt listed in there technical manual. If I dont have to buy a huge transformer I would want to go this direction Anyone out there have experience with my situation?? Thanks in advance..........

Did you measure the voltage under load, or with no load on it? Voltage will look high with no load on the RPC, it might look different under load.

So far under no load because the Fadal installation tech warned me I could damage the Sindle Drive @ $5-6 K replacement cost

Back