What's new
What's new

Acra mill replacement motor

jermfab

Cast Iron
The guy I’m currently working for has an older Acra mill in need of a new motor. It’s a 2V machine, basically a variable-speed Bridgeport clone. Unfortunately, the data-plate is totally wiped out, so I don’t know what the motor frame designation is.

I reached out to Acra, but in the interim I’m certain someone here knows offhand what the frame number for the flange-mount motors found on most of the Bridgeport clones is.

I’m not asking anyone to do my legwork, I’ll let my fingers do the googling, I’m just looking for the frame designation for these motors while I await an answer from Acra.

Be safe

Jeremy

For however much this might be worth? I can't say for sure about your OEM Acra mill motor. But it's my understanding there's 3 major motor standards in use today. Imperial, metric and Asian. In North America any standard imperial/metric motor can usually be sourced off the shelf. Asian frame motors built to there standards apparently don't match up to either and I don't know of any motor supplier here that stocks them. About all I can suggest is to remove that motor you have and measure the shaft diameter, length, keyway size, flange size etc and then compare available off the shelf motor dimensions to see if you can find a match. If you can't? The other option is to have that motor totally rebuilt at a motor rewind shop. Again and afaik it's not cheap. Today it seems more expensive than a whole new motor. About $800 I was quoted a few years ago for a 3 hp 220V 3 ph.

Assuming wide belt taper sheave vario drive it’s going to be french micro inches aka metric mm thing, it’s flange mount and metric shaft, given the hole centres, shaft size, kw, voltage etc a company like inverter drives over here would be able to ID exactly what’s needed, however with a bit of jiggling and an adaptor plate you could fit another miter say 3hp, it’s doable,
AC Motors (Three Phase) filtered by Frame: 90, Mounting: B14 Face (Page 1 of 2)
Mark

Back