Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kennedy View Post
    Hi CBudz I would like to make a correction to the above about the lathes and mills.My brain was only thinking of running the spindles at the time of writing. A rotary converter for machines with more than one motor would be a better choice, although installing a single phase suds pump is not a big job.
    Anyway am I correct in thinking that your country and your machines are 415v 3phase.
    Our 3phase line voltage is 415v in Australia.
    Jim.
    I'm in residential US, I currently only have 100amp 110/220v service single phase.

The machines I have were run at 230v 3 phase

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CBudz View Post
    110/220.

It's on the 3rd line from the top. This is on page 14. Maybe there's exceptions I haven't got to yet in the book.

You must have a different version of the book, mine is 2nd edition and nothing like that on page 14, or the pages before/after. In this book he suggest when using the transformer method that each motor to be used would have its own start relay and caps.

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    You must have a different version of the book, mine is 2nd edition and nothing like that on page 14, or the pages before/after. In this book he suggest when using the transformer method that each motor to be used would have its own start relay and caps.
    Ah I have the 3rd edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi CBudz, I have already said I have built several higher voltage type converters. It was said on this forum a few years back that there was only 3 persons on here that have said that they have built one.
    So, what would you like to know about this method.
    For this method to work it requires the machine 3 phase motor to be started as a single phase motor, (just as a rotary converter does) and the generated Back EMF of the synthetic phase connects to one run (correctly valued) capacitor and then connects to the boost voltage.
    One very commonly used example would be 360v for a 4 Pole 240v 3 phase motor.

Jim