What's new
What's new

Boyer-Shultz 220v to 22v 3 Phase wiring help

mickkell

Plastic
That should read 220v to 220v 3 phase. Thanks for letting me join, my problem is I bought a new to me surface grinder and the guy said it was 220v, didnt mention the 3 Phase part. My problem is that the GE motor has 3 wires coming out of it , one has a T2 tag on it and the other 2 have T3 tags on them, how to I connect those to a VFD?
TIA

Mike.

The VFD doesn't care which terminal is attached to which lead. Just connect those three wires to the VFD outputs which are typically labeled U, V and W. If the motor runs backwards when the VFD is commanded to run forward you can swap any two wires to the motor and the motor direction will reverse. Be sure to ground everything, you only get to die once better it not be electrocution.

Good luck,
Mike

The VFD doesn't care which terminal is attached to which lead. Just connect those three wires to the VFD outputs which are typically labeled U, V and W. If the motor runs backwards when the VFD is commanded to run forward you can swap any two wires to the motor and the motor direction will reverse. Be sure to ground everything, you only get to die once better it not be electrocution.

Good luck,
Mike

Thanks for the Help. It was confusing having two T3s and I didnt want to fry anything. Waiting on the VFD now.

Back