What's new
What's new

C-11G contactor

Jonwick

Plastic
A contractor in my enco hand lathe will not hold in anymore. It is marked c-11g and has a 24 volt coil in it. Obsolete part.029E52C9-2AFF-41F5-A213-4FBC835DD223.jpg

I took it apart and cleaned it to get a little more life and it worked for a short time, but now it needs replaced. I have found threads on internet about other people needing to replace this also, but never see results of anyone finding a replacement.

I am not a great electrician, so cannot devise a workaround from my knowledge. I need a direct replacement. Anyone know?

That is a Taian brand contactor. Taian is the brand name of components made by Teco (Taiwan Electric Co). They have really poor market access outside of Asia but are actually a fairly big supplier. You are probably better off replacing it with something more readily available, but you will have to make sure you get the right ratings and physical size, because that looks to be a right fit.

Not holding in however is usually a problem in the control circuit, not the power contacts.

From reading on here, i have convinced myself to tear off the whole electrical box and replace it with a drum switch. I know nothing about it, so will start a new thread to see if it is possible or outside my abilities. Thanks

I would personally never replace contactors with a drum switch. Good quality contactors cannot be beat. Buy some good contactors and replace your bad ones and don't look back.

I would personally never replace contactors with a drum switch. Good quality contactors cannot be beat. Buy some good contactors and replace your bad ones and don't look back.
If i could find a contactor i would. Here is what i am looking for. I have two threads going now about it, but do not know how to combine them to not waste everybodies time here. Maybe a mod will correct it for me.

1A3D585E-D49B-4CFD-9C91-F47A28BD6F5F.jpg5970F7AC-8478-475B-B819-D852A7FFCDAF.jpgC61D909F-2F87-48F1-AD38-93ED3B35916A.jpg33FE6FCA-1D93-4BE8-9CA6-1B32C8C5BC49.jpg0B576049-C49F-404D-A5DC-0B939B69774F.jpg

There are a bazillion contactors, complete with overload relays, in all different coil voltages and O/L current ratings on Ebay. IEC units are nice and dainty, and if spec'd properly for HP rating are really cost effective and will last a life time. It doesn't have to be the same exact brand..just has to fit the enclosure and have all the proper spec's.

Failing a Ebay search, Automation Direct has a bazillion as well...more than Carter has Little Liver Pills.

Stuart

As Atomarc said, there are a bazillion contactors on eBay and the prices there will probably be the best you can find, but if you can't find a direct cross on eBay I would try and find a local electrical/automation supply house that should be able to match ratings, size, voltage and form factor for you. You'll pay a bit more than you will on eBay - probably $70-100 for one this size but should be able to get a nearly drop in replacement, and if you run into trouble returning/exchanging is probably less of a hassle.

Your are lucky enough to have a contractor coil that is not encapsulated in plastic.

If the coil is open-circuit with a ohm meter then get the same gauge copper wire and rewind. You have a perfect gauge for how much length you need. Measure the length of the original wire after it is removed.

The body of the unit is held together by those thin metal bands on each side. Easy to disassemble and clean. Use some TLC.

Back