What's new
What's new

Chinese Digital Phase Converter ripped "Phase Perfect"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo6

Aluminum
I been interested in a Phase Perfect for a long time only thing that holds me back is the price. I been checking for an alternative or competitor to Phase Perfect but I have found none here in the USA, that makes me think that perhaps they have proprietary patents to this tech.
Anyhow the closest I have found is this Chinese company "ZHEJIANG SANDI ELECTRIC CO.,LTD" you can check them out here 浙江三迪电气有限公司 that makes products similar to the Phase Perfect, they have quoted me a 30KW/40.2307HP for $6200.00 with sea shipping. There is a few things that I have not checked yet if there is any kind of additional custom duty, other taxes, etc.
At the end of the day is a big if since I do not know how warranties/support would be with this company or how reliable their products are.
Another one is that (please correct me if wrong) when it comes down to digital phase converters 20HP are very close to 20HP on the other end for use by machines. For whatever reason and perhaps they are just upselling I asked for 15HP for a Fadal CNC and they send a quote for 30KW/40HP, and if I am not wrong you just double like that with rotary converters.
Anyone out there has had experience with this Chinese knockoffs? I am leaning towards keep saving for Phase Perfect or perhaps getting lucky and finding a good used one.

I been interested in a Phase Perfect for a long time only thing that holds me back is the price. I been checking for an alternative or competitor to Phase Perfect but I have found none here in the USA, that makes me think that perhaps they have proprietary patents to this tech.
Anyhow the closest I have found is this Chinese company "ZHEJIANG SANDI ELECTRIC CO.,LTD" you can check them out here 浙江三迪电气有限公司 that makes products similar to the Phase Perfect, they have quoted me a 30KW/40.2307HP for $6200.00 with sea shipping. There is a few things that I have not checked yet if there is any kind of additional custom duty, other taxes, etc.
At the end of the day is a big if since I do not know how warranties/support would be with this company or how reliable their products are.
Another one is that (please correct me if wrong) when it comes down to digital phase converters 20HP are very close to 20HP on the other end for use by machines. For whatever reason and perhaps they are just upselling I asked for 15HP for a Fadal CNC and they send a quote for 30KW/40HP, and if I am not wrong you just double like that with rotary converters.
Anyone out there has had experience with this Chinese knockoffs? I am leaning towards keep saving for Phase Perfect or perhaps getting lucky and finding a good used one.

Why don't you just send drawings for whatever you want to make with your Fadal to China and have them make the parts for you? I am sure they have a vocational training center full of political dissidents (aka organ donors) that would love to make your parts for you so the chinese government can make a few bucks off of these poor slobs before their blood type matches someone in need of retinas or a liver of some such other unneeded part of their body.

If I seem a little agitated with your request it is because I am. Chinese knock offs are flooding markets and increasingly are produced by veritable slave / prisoners who have done nothing wrong apart from not toeing the communist party line. Time to strip China of most-favored-nation trading status.

china vocational training organ harvesting - Google Search

Nope . . . its not just the stealing of IP and making products to undercut the market, it is the way that they "recruit" workers.

I have a buddy that works for International Justice Mission - and another buddy that works as a missionary in Thailand. Both tell horror stories of what happens to Uighurs, Muslims, and Christians when they do nefarious stuff like attending a religious service. Blood typed, health checked, and then put to work in a Vocational Training center with classes on how a good communist should think.

Thank you for your input Motion Guru very passionate indeed. So if I am understanding this correct this is a knockoff infrigining with Phase Perfect patents? I am correct to assume that Phase Perfect has this market all for themselves without competition? Anyone else know anything about this phase converters? Thank you.

Used Phase Perfect pop up here every couple of months. I try to buy American when I can. I can't believe your willing to risk possible Chinese quality and support issues for 40% off. If it arrived damaged or has issues Phase Perfect would warranty, you are screwed, and have yourself a big door stop.

Used Phase Perfect pop up here every couple of months. I try to buy American when I can. I can't believe your willing to risk possible Chinese quality and support issues for 40% off. If it arrived damaged or has issues Phase Perfect would warranty, you are screwed, and have yourself a big door stop.

You couldn't be any righter, I will keep my eyes peeled hoping for one to pop up for sale here that is the way I was leaning. Sometimes the Asian products make it to damn hard to buy American since they are so cheap, you get what you pay for so yes you are not getting the quality or support as you do from a company with a footprint in the USA but they do the job for far less money, especially if you are doing metalwork as a hobby not a business and that happens to be my case.
It then becomes something that starts to fall into more of a moral duty if you are in the know of horrible work conditions as Motion Guru mention. He happens to know someone that he trusts and believes good for him he has a tight grip on this one and knows exactly what to do in a situation like this, I’ll take his comments into consideration just as much as I do EmanuelGoldstein, I am here to learn and listen what people with experience in the subject has to say and the final decision is mine and mine alone on how I spend my money or what I do regardless of who is angry or happy, I say this humbly without wanting to angry anyone I am just a wannabe machinist that happen to have a CNC machine in his garage. After all this is the beauty of our country, you are free to do almost anything you want, god bless America.
Let’s not forget that we see posts and handles in a forum in the Internet where anyone can say whatever comes to their mind, let’s say it once more god bless America! However that does not mean is right, wrong, true or false at the end of the day is up to each one of us to make a final decision and live with it, I appreciate the input of everyone thank you.

Obviously I have no dog in this hunt. But a couple of observations in no particular order:

1) phase perfect being a US company *probably* has all their boards manufactured and stuffed in the PRC. I don't know that for a
fact, and they will probably not let on one way or the other. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

2) the one benefit of dealing with a US company is the support they offer. Which for previous rev levels of PP gear, is apparently close
to zero from what I understand. Again I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

3) one can get support from PRC companies sometimes, if you happen to work with somebody who speaks Canonese or Mandarin. I work
with folks, which cover those bases. It has come in handy once or twice.

4) I am a firm believer in the "support your local businesses" theory and this includes, inside the US. However if companies don't obey that
maxim, so they can make more money, then it's a bit disingenous to ask me to support them on that basis.

Read Wheelieking's posts about phase perfect, no support when the thing tried to burn his house down. No support for older units. My American Rotary RPC has been flawless for years, runs 3 cnc's with no problems as well as about 10 other 3 phase machines. It cost a small fraction of what a PP costs. 6000.00, are you nuts? You could buy 2 30hp American Rotarys for that with money left over.

About PP converters. I have a 2004 10hp one that I have used 4-7 days a week since I got it. I had a board die around 2008, I suspect I had something to do with it. I called them up, we quickly diagnosed the problem, and since I was in a hurry they shipped a new one that day for a few hundred $ vs trying to repair the old one. 15 minutes to swap boards and no problems since. When it finally craps out I will bitch some but won't hesitate to replace it with another PP. Homemade rotaries don't supply the same quality of power and consume a bit more than the 180 watts themselves. My PP replaced a working cheaper professionally made rotary, no fucking way would I go back as long as I am supplying power to cnc equipment.

You can run your Fadal on single phase with the factory single phase transformer, the machine is designed for home shop power if needed. About $1,000 for a new one, fits inside the power cabinet in place of the 3 phase transformer.

Gentleman we forget to treat each other with respect everyone has their own ideas and that is never going to change we can all agree to disagree and respect each other’s way of thinking.
I come to this forum for information and somehow the responses get charged with all the wrong things, can we collaborate and stay on point? As I said before a simple question that required a simple answer.

in2glamisgirl: I am aware of the single phase transformer but if I understood right you lose some power at the machine if I am not wrong. If everything else fails I think that is what I will end up doing. I am still hoping to find a good used Phase Perfect.

in2glamisgirl: I am aware of the single phase transformer but if I understood right you lose some power at the machine if I am not wrong. If everything else fails I think that is what I will end up doing. I am still hoping to find a good used Phase Perfect.

It's a Fadal, get a rotary and don't look back. Also it's unlikely your going to run the machine hard enough to notice the drop in power on a single phase transformer. The advantage to the singlr phase transformer is it doesn't make the noise a rotary does.

first off I think "ALL" Fadal mills can be ran off single phase ,,
Secondly why would anyone need a PP to run one? a normal old school rotoary works just fine and there WAY cheaper and super easy to fix if you ever do have one go bad ,,, I have been running off rotary converters for 35+ years and have never had to fix any of mine ,,, one nice thing about them is you can adjust them your self and even a PP well not change the voltage ,,, you feed a PP 240V single phase you get 240V three phase ,,,, I would think spending more money on a machine would be better than blowing money of a PP …

Do some reading about running three phase machines on single phase power and you well soon find out you don`t even need three phase for most of the smaller machines ,,,

"I am shocked that china has not copied PP and started selling there own brand of perfect phase and pushing them on Amazon and harbor freight"..

It's a Fadal, get a rotary and don't look back. Also it's unlikely your going to run the machine hard enough to notice the drop in power on a single phase transformer. The advantage to the singlr phase transformer is it doesn't make the noise a rotary does.

I have 5 rotary converters in my shop and they make less noise than the machines they run ,,

triumph406 / D.D.Machine, thank you for the input, I do have a rotary right now however compounded with the compressor it gets too loud for me, I already have tinnitus and I am being careful with my ears. I am also changing my compressor to a quieter one.
You folks are right perhaps I should just get the single phase transformer and call it a day. Thank you once more.

I have done a "LOT" of reading on it over the years and it sounds like you can just run single phase into the machine ,,, It has came up on the PM a couple of times and there is a lot more about it with a simple search on the web ,,,

In a nut shell ,,your spindle drive takes 240V three phase and makes DC single phase out of it and then changes it back to three phase for the spindle motor and most axis drives run off like 340V DC and your computer crap runs off 5V ,,,, so on most small machines the only three phase power they need if the coolant pump and you can just swap it out for a single phase pump or in your case Fadal already has a 110V pump on them …

Yes I have read about it too however I was hesitant because the loss of power with the single phase transformer but I saw the post of triumph406 and I think he is right I won't push the machine hard enough to see any difference. I did check in a T813 single phase they are around $1000 I think that is what I am going to do after all. Thank you for the help :)

I have worked in literally dozens of Chinese factories and visited literally dozens more. Not one, let's bold that not one "political dissident" in a single one. None.

All you need to do is google "chinese uighur camps". Many of the sources you will see are no doubt some of your most favorite liberal publications. Next time you get to China ask them about it and I bet they might take you there.

Hey, you know the rules! Baby-eating accusations are supposed to be kept to the "Manufacturing in America and Europe" forum, where they belong.

[I belong to a religion where we just eat pizza. Greater variety of toppings than babies]

What ?
Is this a closet "Pastafarian" ?....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back