What's new
What's new

Converter identification

Billyboyr66

Aluminum
I recently acquired a used unit from a shop a friend of mine bought. He had no use for it so I removed it from the shop and brought it home. I built a converter a few years ago for my Bridgeport mill and know a little bit about how the work.

I have a couple questions about the new converter I acquired. Comparing it to the one that I built and currently use, this one is missing some items and I can’t understand how it would work I feel that I am missing something. My current unit has a contactor, timer, start capacitors and run capacitor etc.... But the newer unit that I just picked up only has what appear to be 4 50 mfd run capacitors. And it does not have any start up circuitry. It was sitting outside the building with only three wires coming out and hooked to it.

I’m trying to figure out how to upload images on here to show what I have but I can’t figure out how.

We will need pics to even hazard a guess. My Phase-A-Matic has no timers or contactors, just a big box of caps, maybe that is what you have?

For pics go to "Advanced", scroll past the dialog box till you see "Manage Attachments" click on it, then click on "add files", select pic then click on "Upload file", then click on "done". May or may not work for you on google chrome.

I am using safari for internet on my phone, and going under advanced does not bring up the manage attachments option. Not sure what to do lol.

Back