What's new
What's new

Dayton 3/4 HP Capacitor Start AC Motor (model number 5K458B)

Ed M

Plastic
Hi.

My name is Ed, and I'm new here. And very much a newbie. I had a question about a Dayton 3/4 HP Capacitor Start AC Motor (model number 5K458B. I was cleaning it up and a screw terminal was very rusty and broke off. I called Granger/Dayton, and they said that this motor is discontinued. But all I'm looking to replace is the screw that connects the white lead.

Can anyone direct me to where I can get a few new ones for this motor? The motor doesn't need service, just a new screw terminal (if I'm even calling it by it's correct name). Thanks for any help that might come my way.

-Ed M.

Attachments

• IMG_7771.jpg
    IMG_7771.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_7768 (1).jpg
    IMG_7768 (1).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,333
Thanks for your responses.

Could it really be hard to find a matching screw terminal like the one in my photo? You can see just how rusted the other one was. I did a Google search for 3/4 HP AC motors and in the photos that came up, they too used a very simiular looking screw to attach the wires on those. I'm new to this, but I'd like to think that these are pretty common. Of course I could be very wrong.

-Ed M.

Get an 8-32 X 3/8" screw and nut to fasten the lead wire , the white and yellow leads. then cover with 3-4 layers of plastic tape.

OR cut the terminals off strip the wires and assemble with a orange or yellow wire nut.

Be sure all broken screw parts have been removed from inside the motor before starting.

Bill

And, make sure there was nothing connected to the part of the screw that was behind the insulation plate.... if any, that will need connected to the new screw.

Back