What's new
What's new

Delta 20 band saw - need run/start cap values

pincusa

Plastic
Hi forum
I recently picked up a delta 20 metal band saw (28-662) for a good price and was told it was working. When I plugged it in, the motor just hummed. I didn't reach in and try to start it by hand, but pulled the motor and both the run and start caps are a rusted mess - so bad that I can't get the values nor voltages from the old caps.

Motor is a 2hp 1ph 230V made by marathon under the delta part number 60-055. It looks like I'm tearing into the motor as the start switch is also bad... I tried calling delta, they have no info and see the whole motor as a single unit with no replaceable parts.

Does anyone know the values of the capacitors for this motor? Many thanks in advance

Thanks Bill
I've been working on carefully removing the rust from the starting cap, and now am pretty sure it's a 189-227 MFD cap. That doesn't line up with anything I've found online for a 2hp motor though. I'm working on fixing the centrifugal switch and hoping to get it running. Might just try something off the chart in hopes that it will get the motor spinning

The start cap I've got in the 2 horse for my air compressor is around 450-600uF. Big, heavy, torquey TEFC Reliance.

Otherwise check Craigslist, et. al. People throw away perfectly good motors all the time.

Back