What's new
What's new

delta EL VFD

cob

Aluminum
Hello every one
so I got this delta EL vfd 3phase in 3phase out 5hp
so I did all my connection and it lights up but for some reason I cant get my motor to run
I thought it was just you plug it and hit start and rotate the potentiometer and it would run.
well it did not do that. I don't have the manual .
does any one have this type of vfd.
or
how can I get it to make my motor to start running
bare with me this is my first time at this VFD.

thank you

VFDs have to be programmed. If you got it used, the first thing you need to do is to reset everything back to the factory defaults because you don’t know what the previous owner had programmed it to do. You need to find the manual in line.

so know that I reset it to it original parameters when I start it will run for 3 seconds then it gives me a motor overload any ideas how to fix that?:confused:
thank you.

The manual download is here: http://www.realimpeks.co.rs/download/delta_vfd_el.pdf
YouTube

On page 4-73 set them motor rated current and no load current. If you are getting a current overload then you might try setting the motor current to 110% and no load current to 50%. There are a few other parameters that could be adjusted.

If you purchased the 3 phase in (5 Hp) model and are running it off of single phase and not derating it, then it won't have sufficient current. The largest single phase input model is 3 Hp. Maybe provide some more details as to the machine, motor, VFD model and any parameters you did change/try.

so I have the 5hp 3phase in 3phase out. running it with my RPC
my motor is Baldor 5hp max rpm 1160
amps 16.2 at 230volts

model VFDD037EL23A

haven't change or input anything just reset it to it original parameter.

I don't know nothing on vfd just trying to learn how to program it to my motor to make it run

what should I input for Motor rating current parameter?

and motor nonload current?

thank you

So you are close to the limit rating of the VFD which is a FLA=17.0A, this sometimes may be exacerbated when using an RPC to provide 3 phase power as some have suggested some derating is required. I have done a few installs similar to this and often will use a DC buss choke to decrease the increased harmonic distortion that can occur. This is not an option on this VFD model.

Also note that the VFD output needs to be directly connected to the drive motor, not the machine. Control of the motor is either through the front panel or the low voltage inputs. If you use the VFD inputs to control direction, there is 2 wire control and 3 wire control, Parameter 04.04

Motor parameters are set in Group 7

07.00 motor rated current = I would set to 16.2A
07:01 motor no-load current = I would try 6.5A

Usually there is also a setting for motor poles, but did not see this.

Back