Electric heat treating oven - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Toms Wheels View Post
    Your issue is that a phase converter would need to be connected to the thermostate of the furnace, and controlled by that, not relays switching the load lines. An RPC would handle your issue fine, or the rewiring you are considering.
    Tom - thanks - I will try re-wiring to make is single phase. I don't really see a down side. Both sets of heater elements want to see 220v - right? To my mind, what difference does it make if they are seeing 220v from L1/L2 or L1/L3 - yes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

you got close with your drawing but one of the elements is not getting power.

in the drawing you have two relays, from the top down they get power on the left side from L1, L2, L3, L3

the input sides of the relays need to be L1, L2, L1, L2.

as it is marked now, one of the heating elements is not getting any power because its connected on both sides to L2.

yes you could remove one of the relays, but they may not be rated for 43 amps.

3. Likes motion guru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by johansen View Post
    you got close with your drawing but one of the elements is not getting power.

in the drawing you have two relays, from the top down they get power on the left side from L1, L2, L3, L3

the input sides of the relays need to be L1, L2, L1, L2.

as it is marked now, one of the heating elements is not getting any power because its connected on both sides to L2.

yes you could remove one of the relays, but they may not be rated for 43 amps.
    johansen - you're talking about the elements on the right side? So if I switch the top of the lower relay to L1 the nearer of the two right-side elements will terminate in L1?