What's new
What's new

Electrical Help Desperately needed

crossslide

Plastic
I know this thread has already been beaten to death, I researched it for hours unable to find a solution that fits my motor and drum switch without luck.

See new updated post below. Still trying to get familiar with this posting format

Attachments

• IMG_0443 (1).jpg
    IMG_0443 (1).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I know this thread has already been beaten to death, I researched it for hours unable to find a solution that fits my motor and drum switch without luck.
I have a Furnas #44 drum switch and a Westinghouse motor with L1, L2, and 1 2 3 4 terminals. I do not have any T5, T8 P1, or any of those other numbers that I've seen in other drawings here and on other sites. What I need is for someone to tell me by color which wire goes where from the motor to the drum switch. Do I remove the wires from the board and extend them to the switch, or do I put extension wires from their original positions on the board? I am completely baffled, I'll try to post some pics.

I'll summarize what wires are connected to the motor board by color and number if that helps. I have made numerous attempts and always failed. Please help.

L1 has a black wire going back into the motor, L2 has brass legs with a yellow wire fastened under the nut, a black wire at terminal 2, and a white wire at terminal 1. The center post has a green wire fastened under the nut, a blue wire on terminal 3, and a red wire on terminal 4. Interchanging 2 and 4 should run the motor in the opposite direction.

DSCF4032.jpgDSCF4033.jpgDSCF4034.jpgDSCF4035.jpgIMG_0456.jpg

Motor F R.jpg

Numbers in squares are motor terminals.
Letters in circles are switch terminals.

For 120VAC
Contacts E/F would stop & start the motor in forward & reverse.

Forward
Red>4
Black>2

Reverse
Red>2
Black>4

Would have to start over if 230VAC.

Thanks Rex, I'll give it a shot tomorrow or Saturday, I got home too late tonight to try it. It looks good but I would never have figured it out on my own. I'll let you know how it went when I finish wiring it up. Yes I am using 110V on this project.
Thanks
Frank

Back