What's new
What's new

Feasability of converting Miller Integra 243 welder from 3 phase to single phase.

P. gannon

Plastic
Good day; New to the site, after reading about the Miller CP 300 conversion and the 250 mig. Although I've worked in a weld/machine shop for years, retired now. I don't have the knowledge to perform a conversion like this myself. I get the general idea of the Kemp/Haas conversion and would like to know if it can be applied to the Integra 243. I've posted some pictures of Transformer and Circuit.
DSC_6275.jpgDSC_6278.jpgDSC_6270.jpg

Hi P.Gannon, have you made any progress on this? If you look at Dave Kamp's thread on CP-300 or CP-302 208/230/460, you should be able to follow it closely. Are the white leads still numbered? You should have six white wires coming out of that transformer assembly- three that come out of the tapped switch (black cylinder) and three that come straight from the coils. If you locate the ones that say SL2, I can help you from there.

Hi P.Gannon, have you made any progress on this? If you look at Dave Kamp's thread on CP-300 or CP-302 208/230/460, you should be able to follow it closely. Are the white leads still numbered? You should have six white wires coming out of that transformer assembly- three that come out of the tapped switch (black cylinder) and three that come straight from the coils. If you locate the ones that say SL2, I can help you from there.

I had given up on a response to my thread, just happened to see this today, jjohn76 thanks for the help. I have the welder reassembled. All wireing is factory labeled and readable. I have located both SL2 wires.

Back