What's new
What's new

Fluxmaster 100 not powering up

evets275

Plastic
I applied 220v single phase to L1 & L2. The display does not power up. The 20 amp fuse is good and has power. I see no other fuses. I checked for voltage at the display (ac & dc) but got nothing. Is there a common failure with this drive?

Cannot guess as to common failure on that model..

There is probably some sort of fuse in the low voltage supply, for UL. If it does not light up, the low voltage power supply is not working. You state that you have it connected per manual, so if it won't light, either it actually is not getting power, or else the low voltage (control) power supply is not working for some reason.

Check the wires. If possible, check for AC after the connections, (or DC on the bus) to verify that power is getting in.

Typically these are not at all economical to fix, unless you are sufficiently skilled to do it yourself correctly. If it is getting power and does not work, then "it's broke" unless you know how to fix it.

There is no other fuse on the drive, so as JST said, it's possibly a bad internal power supply and not repairable.

But there is a SMALL outside chance that it is actually just a problem with the display. It has a multi-pin connector on it and if just one pin was bent to the side when someone plugged it in, the display will not come up and the drive will not run. If you are lucky and that's the case, you might be able to bend the pin back in place without breaking it off.

Ironically I had a box of spare displays for those kicking around here for years, I JUST tossed them out a few months ago, thinking that those drives are now so old, nobody would need one again... sorry!

The multi pin connector checked out ok. I think you guys are correct with the power supply bad. I checked voltages throughout and only have 220. I'm pretty good electrically but this is a little bit out of my wheel house. I'll try and get it apart and mess with it some more. Any idea where one could get a schematic for this? I appreciate the feed back. Thanks

Back