What's new
What's new

Fmx td200 vfd

jmm03

Hot Rolled
Hello all, anyone have experience with these drives? I am familiar with drives. I am interested in knowing about this particular brand rather than a discussion of the pros and cons of various drives. It will be used to power a Cincinnati mill, 2HP, single to 3 phase, home shop. Thanks, Jim

Appears to be a rebranded Teco. I've never heard of FMX before.

That said, likely made in the same factory by the same people. I would splurge the extra $20 or so to get a distributor and manufacturer I know would stand behind the product, but for a home shop you're just as likely to find it's fine.

FactoryMation was started by Teco as their outlet for older stock Teco parts and such. it's now independent of them. What this looks like is the newer L510 Teco drives with a different name on them, maybe because Teco distributors have always had a problem with FactoryMation undercutting them. So Teco gave them a different name? Either that or the owner of FactoryMation has had a Chinese knockoff made of the Teco drives. That's easy to do now.

I've never had a problem with Teco drive products, they are fine for what they are, an inexpensive Asian drive of decent quality. But this may or may not be a Teco drive, it may just LOOK like one.

Back