What's new
What's new

harig 612 surface grinder vfd recomendation?

reddogforge

Plastic
Hi everyone
Gotta harig 612 surface grinder (not the super, just a manual 612) with a 1hp 3ph motor.
I have 220v single phase currwnt
Had a teco fm50 fluxmaster that came with the machine and burned out after a few months use.
motor is the stock leeson1 hp
3phase
Rated as grinder duty
208/230
60/50 hz
Fla of 2.6/2.8
wondering if i could impose upon someone for recommended vfd?
This machine gets casual use, 3 times a month average, price is a consideration.
Ill be converting to a rpc for the whole shop some day but for now all i can financially manage is a vfd..im very ignorant of this topic so please keep that in mind when offering advice. Thank you!
Shane

Should be a direct connection between the VFD and the motor, so it is not for powering the surface grinder through any switched contacts. If price is an issue, the replacement Teco drive for the FM50 would be the Teco L510 (L510-201-H1-N) which is 230V single phase input and is rated to 4.3A constant torque They run around $125-135. Teco-Westinghouse, L510-201-H1, 1 HP, Variable Frequency Drive 230 Volt, 1 Phase Input, IP20, at De

Next step up would be something like the Teco E510-201-H-U or Hitachi WJ200-007SF, which run around $220-250. There are a few other brands, but you do not need anything special for this application. The Teco E510 will run off or single or 3 phase input. Teco's manuals are a bit easier to follow, and the L510 is pretty bare bones but will work well in this application.
E510-201-H-U | Teco Westinghouse | AC Drives

thank you, one thing tho, the harigs got a oil pump internally, i believe both run via the switch wiring?, will that vfd provide enough power to run both?

Back