What's new
What's new

Harrison M 300 Magnetic Motor starters

int3man

Plastic
Hello and Help Please, new to me Harrison M 300 1975 era. Magnetic forward Contactor is a 1 in 20 hit and Reverse is 2 in 7. So Looking to source new to me Magnetic Start Contactors. Mechanical switches are Making correct Contact.

I bought a 10 H.P. Rotary 3 phase Converter.

Thanks in Advance
Michael :- )

Hi: I too have an M300. New forward reverse contractors should be available at any electrical wholesaler in your area. Mine ar Klockner-Moller brand and are no longer available but (Westinghouse) Eaton is. My lathe is 3 hp. I bought a small VFD to run it single phase using the existing forward/reverse contactors. Mine too will need to be replaced soon and I will get new ones locally. I will try to see if I can scrounge up a set from my old employer. There are several sets in the bone yard there and I do not need HP rated ones, just control.
Cam

O.K. I found a pair on eBay. $68 is reasonable, even for used!!
Furnas Nema Size 0 Contactor 18 Amps 600 Volt 3 Phase 110/120 Coil Volt 60/50 Hz | eBay
The ad reads size 0 but when you look up the data sheet they are size 1 and those are rated for 3 H.P. So we are Golden. I also read on the schematic where the coils wires go through a normally closed set of contacts on the other direction contactor, common practice. So if that pair of contacts is dirty it would effect the pull inability of the opposite contactor.

Better Yet sourced a new one for $75 it is a linked reversible. Much better deal.

Michael.

Back