What's new
What's new

Help in Finding Value

MELand

Plastic
Hi-I am hoping someone can help determine a fair market price for a 3phase converter. It was my dads and I know nothing about these. I have someone interested but they are wanting me to give them a price first. It is an Arco “c” model roti-phase and let’s assume it is in good pre-owned condition with little use. 230v, 15HP/45HP max. I have researched and seen these from $649 on up for a used one? This was on eBay. It seemed pretty high to me, maybe not? I am just wanting to give this guy a decent fair price and get this out of the garage, lol. I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong forum. Thanks for any help!

MELand -

Don't know how old your converter is. Just as a frame of reference I bought a 20 HP like yours - and it was probably 25 years old when I bought it at an auction 10 years ago - for $20. But I did realize that I had got the deal of the day on that one - believe I was the only person who knew what it was. And the unit had been sitting in storage for some time, was in good shape.

Look at Ebay sold prices - what people ask really has no bearing. If it is 10 years or so old and in good shape my rule of thumb would be 40% of whatever new price is today. But that's just me and I'm cheap - that is what I would offer to start the negotiating.

Guess my advice is figure how long you want to take to get rid of it and price accordingly. And location will have a lot to do with it.

Good luck.

Dale

Back