What's new
What's new

Hitachi ProDriveNext software

rbmgf7

Aluminum
Trying to go the lazier route and see if I can program my SJ-P1 series Hitachi VFD with the PC based software.

Downloaded and installed the driver file and program file but the software doesn't detect the VFD.

Windows doesn't see anything connected when I plug in the USB cable.

I didn't see anything about if I needed to buy a license or crazy, proprietary USB cable or am I wrong?

No license or special cable, make sure the USB driver has been loaded. Make sure you load the latest software, some of their older software loaded in 4 separate modules, so make sure it is completely installed. You might try to uninstall and reinstall the software. Power up the computer and VFD, then connect the USB cable then run the software. Not a big fan of the Hitachi ProDriveNext software, it has been glitchy through the years, has a poor user interface and technical support is unimpressive. I recently had issues with downloading programming parameters to their VFDs because there were firmware changes on the same model VFD, ended up doing everything manually.

No license or special cable, make sure the USB driver has been loaded. Make sure you load the latest software, some of their older software loaded in 4 separate modules, so make sure it is completely installed. You might try to uninstall and reinstall the software. Power up the computer and VFD, then connect the USB cable then run the software. Not a big fan of the Hitachi ProDriveNext software, it has been glitchy through the years, has a poor user interface and technical support is unimpressive. I recently had issues with downloading programming parameters to their VFDs because there were firmware changes on the same model VFD, ended up doing everything manually.

Pfft. Uninstalled it, reinstalled but froze halfway through so wouldn't work, uninstalled again, reinstalled, and now it's working, lol.

Back