What's new
What's new

Hitachi VFD Modbus communication: understanding the addresses

rbmgf7

Aluminum
I'm inching closer to figuring this out but I'm still having trouble understanding it.

Doing a mill retrofit and I am using a Hitachi SJ P1 inverter that's connected to a RS485-to-USB adapter which is connected to the computer using UCCNC and MODBUSEZ plugin. The MODBUS plugin is just looking for simple addresses: spindle CW/CCW, frequency/speed address, and spindle ON/OFF. The creator developed it originally for the Hyuanyangangangang VFD but eventually configured it to communicate with various other drives with (most) success.

So, I sifted through the 50+ pages of addresses and tried a handful to see if I could get it going. No dice.

Searched the internet to find quite a few people are using the WJ200 with some luck.

Well, some found address FF00 to be able to turn the spindle CW and 1216 as the address to change freq/speed. When I looked at the WJ200 manual, I couldn't find FF00. 1216 made some sense as it was the "multi-speed frequency, HIGH" address.

So, I tried FF00 on mine and could get the Run button to acknowledge (flashes green) so I assume it's wanting to turn CW. It also flashes "limit" on the screen so I'm guessing it's needing a frequency. However, I can't find FF00 in the P1 manual as well. I also can't really find a relatable 1216.

I wrote to Hitachi as well so I expect a reply in the next year, lol.

Probably not your issue but I'd feel bad it was and I didn't say anything. My hitachi drive (wj200?) came pre-configured with many of the parameters locked out, and I had to delve in to a third level to reset them so they could be modified. Be sure you don't have any reduced instruction sets. Probably this does not count for programming remotely but ya never know...

Back