What's new
What's new

Hitachi WJ200 Intelligent Relays Question

atomarc

Diamond
I have a Hitachi WJ200 drive that will no longer respond to a run command through the intelligent relay. It works perfectly when programmed to run from the panel, but not when programmed through the relay buss. This is on a unmentionable machine using MACH-4, a ESS easy stepper and a MX3660 stepper driver. All commands make it through the software, through the driver boards and on to the buss of the drive, but then it's NO SOAP.

The stepper driver blew up and took the power supply with it. Both were replaced and the machine moves perfectly..but no spindle power through the drive. The drive responds to speed commands as noted on the drive display but will not respond to a RUN command.

The RUN command comes through the stepper driver, and utilizing a meter I can see that it makes it to the buss of the drive..but no soap!

All programming parameters are correct...I think!

Any thoughts other than it's junk and buy a new one! I keep thinking there are some 5 cent transistors that I can buy and solder into the board for ultimate joy.

Thanks,
Stuart

If I had the ability to delete this post I would as the problem has been solved..to an extent.

The reason the drive would not start via the intelligent relays is because it was being commanded to start in FWD and REV at the same time which resulted in it doing nothing. Can't blame the poor thing.

Now the job is to figure out why the software or driver board is giving it two commands at once.:confused:

Stuart

Back