What's new
What's new

Hitachi WJ200 VFD Factory Restore Not Working

ptsmith

Cast Iron
I bought a used 3HP WJ200 and I'm hoping I didn't get a dud. I set up the motor parameters and it seems to be functioning OK, but it's stuck on 5Hz. I think parameter A001 is what selects what controls the speed, but I can't get it to change to the arrow keys on the VFD. I really need to hard reset it but I can't get that to work either. It never displays D001 like it's suppose to. Is there something I'm overlooking? Below is the procedure for resetting a WJ200 listed on Hitachi's website.

How do I restore factory default in WJ200 series inverters?

Answer:
Please navigate to parameter B084 and use the "Set" button to change to 02. Then navigate and change B180 to 01 and press "Set". The display will change to d001, indicating the reset is complete.

To access the full menu you must first change the following parameters:
1. Change B037 to "00" for full display of all functions. You must press both the up and down arrows to access single-digit edit mode since this feature is not accessible in the default basic display. You must change B037 before you can change B031.

AND THEN
2. Change B031 to "10". This unlocks all the high level program functions for editing. Then make the following program changes that are highlighted.

A001 is the frequency source: 01 is an external pot wired to the terminals, 02 is keypad function F001 setting

Thanks. I was entering the setup mode. For whatever reason, after trying 15 or so tries to reset it two nights ago, it worked first try last night. 16th time's a charm I guess.

I did not know about B031. I added it to my "basic settings list" that I'm putting together so I don't have to dig through manual every time I need to configure something.

Much to my relief it's working great.

This is my 3rd VFD. I started with a Teco L510 that was easy to program but didn't have external brake resistor capabilities. At the suggestion of Wolf Automation I bought a Fuji Frenic Mini and resistor. It works great, but it's much harder to program and it seems I'm the only one that owns one, so there's no help to be had.

So I bought the WJ200 because there's so much good info available, mainly posted by you over the years. Hitachi should put you on the payroll!

Back