What's new
What's new

Isolation Transformer Wiring Help Needed

Machinery_E

Titanium
I have a GE QL series drive isolation transformer I'm looking to use with a phase perfect. I'm a little confused in regards to wiring it up...I believe H1, H2, H3 are for my Delta power input. Are X0, X1, X2, and X3 my Wye outputs, or is it Y0, Y1, Y2 and Y3? Why does it appear that there are 2 Wye output taps?

IMG_6735.jpg

IMG_6736.jpg

GE Drive Isolation Multitap Xformer

Your Model was a special made around 2005. It does have two Wye output windings as indicated on the tag.
X's are 460/266V @ 20KVA capacity, Y's are 230/133V @ 7.5KVA

XformOutputCapacity.jpg

A similar but not exact connection diagram, Yours has the two Wye output windings.

GE DriveXformTaps.jpg

SAF Ω

FWIW be aware that XO shown on the star or wye config may not be accessible on the xformer, like on a 3 phase dual voltage AC induction motor.
The fact that you are lucky enough to have a schematic of sorts and numbered wires. I would still ohm the thing out, just to be sure all is okay and the smoke that makes all electrical devices work won't be let out.

I have a GE QL series drive isolation transformer I'm looking to use with a phase perfect. I'm a little confused in regards to wiring it up...I believe H1, H2, H3 are for my Delta power input. Are X0, X1, X2, and X3 my Wye outputs, or is it Y0, Y1, Y2 and Y3? Why does it appear that there are 2 Wye output taps?

View attachment 267521

View attachment 267523

Can you take some clearer/better pictures of the terminal bars?
It’s really hard to read them.

Back