What's new
What's new

Mazak Qt screen pulsing on phase converter

Ralph@NES

Plastic
Have my old QT with a T plus control wired up on a 230 3ph converter with the transformer tapped appropriately. The screen "pulses" significantly. At the moment I can't tell if it's possibly under current, out of phase or just a failing display (seen that happen before). I really don't want to fire up all the systems fully if it's a low current or phase condition. Any suggestions from experience or should I just begin troubleshooting the old fashioned way (clean 110 to the processor/screen and bypass the xformer, phase testing, et al)?

Thanks. Have a short video which I'll link shortly.

I will assume that the 230 3ph is being used to power the display through a step-down transformer.

Use a line filter before the electronics.

If the phase converter is an RPC, and the display power is single phase, see if you can get the display power connected to the two "pass-through" legs, and not the manufactured leg, which is less stable and may vary the voltage with load.

The bigger issue is the transformer Wye or Delta on both the Primary and or Secondary.
A Wye connected transformer (primary or secondary) moves manufactured leg instability to all 3 phases.
So it would be best to add an appropriate single phase transformer to power all single phase loads, connected to the power company phases at the primary of the 3 phase transformer.

Bill

Back