What's new
What's new

Nardini 1440 3 phase options

47chevycoe

Plastic
Curious what my options are to supply power to my Nardini lathe. I have 220 single phase supply. I’ve heard some mention that a vfd will not work with the accessories on this lathe. I think my only other option is a rotary phase converter....are there any other reasonable options? What are a few brands to look at?

Build a converter yourself.

If you select quality parts then you will have a unit that you can't buy.
Nobody sells anything with real good parts any more.

If you go out and buy a converter and something fails a few years from now you will be asking the same question again.

I'm wiring in a new American Rotary RPC for a 1440E. It appears very well made and has a Baldor idler. It came packed to survive a small nuclear event, with the idler bolted to a wooden frame, attached to a pallet, with the double-boxed control box shrink-wrapped to the top. I should be powering it up later today and getting the lathe later this week or early next week.

I was unable to find an RPC this size used. I don't run production so I got the AR-20. My old American Rotary 5HP RPC, bought used, has been completely trouble-free, and their technical customer support is excellent even if you were not the original buyer. That and the build quality of the old RPC are the reasons I spent a bit more to buy another from them.

I'm wiring in a new American Rotary RPC for a 1440E. It appears very well made and has a Baldor idler. It came packed to survive a small nuclear event, with the idler bolted to a wooden frame, attached to a pallet, with the double-boxed control box shrink-wrapped to the top. I should be powering it up later today and getting the lathe later this week or early next week.

I was unable to find an RPC this size used. I don't run production so I got the AR-20. My old American Rotary 5HP RPC, bought used, has been completely trouble-free, and their technical customer support is excellent even if you were not the original buyer. That and the build quality of the old RPC are the reasons I spent a bit more to buy another from them.

I think I’m going to go with the ar15 or ar20 from American rotary.

I have a Nardini 1440 lathe. I built a 10hp RPC. Wouldn't start the Nardini in high gear range. Modified it to a 15hp RPC. Much better, still not perfect. To start it in highest range, I put the motor on low speed, start the lathe, then throw the switch to high speed after it has spun up. Works great. You have to have the 1440E, though, for the 2-speed motor.

metalmagpie

Back