What's new
What's new

Need electrical help with a machine using 3phase and single phase.

MetalArtistCandy

Aluminum
So trying to get a machine running. Here is the wiring diagram, looks like a 3 phase contactor and motor, but looks like everything else is single phase. Can I run this from a phase converter?

30063025-AC47-40C1-B64B-55D56F9F4653.jpg

Not a problem. The three phase is for the motor only. Just make sure when you wire the control circuit, use only the two wires from the fuse/circuit breaker cabinet. The generated leg is unstable and not usable for controls.

Tom

Yup,what he said, chase the wires to and from the RPC to find the Line Then to the machine junction. You can also check the voltages between leads, the highest leg running no load tends to be the manufactured leg.

EX: voltage between L1 and L2 is 240, L1 and L3 is 247, L2 and L3 is 247, L3 is likely manufactured leg

I run my machines on an RPC, Any single phase either for controls, lights or pump motor is from the single phase supply. Thought my shop is wired so that all sockets are wired the the same way some times I need to determine which wire is the "created phase" my simple way is the RPC motor is also connected via Hubble type plug and socket I simply unplug the RPC that way only the 2 single phase input lines have voltage.

Back