What's new
What's new

Need help setting Hitachi WJ200 drive

macplus

Cast Iron
My Hitachi X200 vfd just went up in smoke, been working great for years, was using Mach3 to control the VFD thru modbus. Just changed out the Hitachi drive to the new WJ200 series. Now I can not get the setup to work. Does anyone have the settings to use in Mach3 for WJ200? Plus I also need the brain file, and the parameters for setting up the WJ200 Hitachi drive

Don't know what Mach3 is, but I assume it is some sort of programmable controller. Can you get the VFD to work manually? If not, maybe the reason the other one went up in smoke is the reason this one won't work.

Yes I do, the problem is having trouble setting up the Mach3 computer program to send information from the program to the vfd thru modbus

Is it a problem of not working at all?

Does it work intermittently?

Are there specific items that do not work but others do?

Do you have, from the manual, the modbus registers to put the info in, and the correct required format?

Will the program put the info in the correct format?

Does the drive allow you to input everything you need to?

This should not be a big problem, since modbus is reasonably standard, but there might be pieces of equipment that do not work well together.

The hitachi WJ200 is replacing a hitachi X200 that has gone bad ( this setup was working thru the Mach3 computer program ). I can manually setup the WJ200 to work the spindle motor, works great. The problem I'm running into is seting up the Mach3 computer program to control the WJ200 thru the Modbus. My guess is that the Mach3 brain file must be different for the WJ200 drive, then the X200. Or the Hitachi parameters that I used for the X200 are different for WJ200.
So I was hoping, that someone is using the Hitachi WJ200 with the Mach3 program, that would share there information

Yes......

Is everything accessible via modbus ON the new unit? Or is there a difference in what you can control via modbus in the new vs old? Might easily be a difference so that you could not used the original canned setup, but you may be able to modify it.

I suppose I could go get the two manuals, guess at what you want, and see if the registers match up, but you are the guy who wants it to work...... Hence I asked if you have checked that out.

EDIT:

So, I looked at the two briefly. Looks reasonably similar, but there are differences.

check pages B4 and B5 in the manuals and make sure that the parameter settings in the drive are set to the things you want, correct comm speed, address, parity, etc, and that the drive is set to the "use modbus" settings.

It looks, from a glance through the two manuals, as if there are differences between the two units, in capability, and maybe in the location of data. You may have to make changes to get the WJ200 to work the same as the old one. I did not go through in detail and compare, but it appeared that some things were different that just caught my eye. I don't recall what I saw, and they may not be of importance to your interface

Hello all,
Need to know if WJ200-055LF will suffer any ill effects if powered by modified sine wave inverter battery bank. Said inverter has phase correction. WJ200-055LF is currently powered by single phase 240 grid power but need to power by battery bank.
Any and all info will be appreciated. Thanks Roger

Back