What's new
What's new

Need help wiring single phase motor to 3 phase motor starter.

spoonycoot

Plastic
I bought a 1.5 hp 3 phase machine and I'm replacing the motor with a 2hp single phase 240v motor. The motor starter can support up to 5hp single phase. I will post pics of wire diagram and motor starter.

lQqsmLZ

nEh6rJO

LIYQPOZ

From what I can tell I should just be able to use L1 and L2 and T1 and T2 everything should be correct. I will also need to bypass the heaters. T was planning on using a jumper. I'm assuming this is ok. The new motor has thermal overload protection.

Thanks for the help guys.

If it is an old-school overload relay with replaceable heater elements, you are good to go. If it's a newer IEC srtyle with only a dial setting, you must pass current through all 3 phases or it might nuisance trip, but in your case since the motor is protected, I would just remove the entire OL relay assembly.

If it is an old-school overload relay with replaceable heater elements, you are good to go. If it's a newer IEC srtyle with only a dial setting, you must pass current through all 3 phases or it might nuisance trip, but in your case since the motor is protected, I would just remove the entire OL relay assembly.

Yeah, it’s old school. I’ll bypass the overload relay.

Thanks

Back