What's new
What's new

Older Ge motor wiring diagram needed

tommy1010

Stainless
I have a 1/2 HP 1725RPM single phase AC motor. The wiring diagram inside the connection box cover is amiss. The Model number is 5KC63AB882. Does anyone have an internal wiring diagram for such an animal??? Very much appreciated.

Let's see a picture of the electrical box. People here may recognize labels or can guide you through measuring windings to find the start and run windings, as applicable.

As per Strostkovy's suggestion here is a picture of the terminal plate inside the motor. This motor is only 115 volts. No high voltage connections. If someone knows what ones power the motor and what ones changes direction that would be great. I rather not use a trial and error method but it may just come to that!! Thanks.

100_1607.jpg

Do you have the nameplate? I assume there are no capacitors?

I expect you'll find two coils with a meter. One will be high resistance, the other will be low resistance. The low resistance coil will be the start winding with a centrifugal switch in series with it.

Both windings should be in parallel, and you can reverse the polarity of the start winding to make it start the other direction.

If there is a capacitor it should be in series with the start winding. If there are two capacitors it's slightly more complicated but not by much.

Back