What's new
What's new

PHASE CONVERTERS

I BOUGHT NEW 17"X45 CNC LATHE FROM PROTOTRAK LATHE IS 7 HP BUT IT REQUIRES 25 KVA SO I HAD TO HAVE ALMOST 25HP CONVERTER TO GET THE MACHINE TO RUN RIGHT ANY INPUT WOULD BE HELPFUL BECAUSE MY ELETRIC IS HIGH ALTHOUGH THE MACHINE IS A BIG PRODUCER
--JB

Do a search for GWM corporation. Gary Werner is the absolut authority when it comes to tricky phase converters. He has built some of the worlds trickiest. 25 HP sounds totally insane to me. I'll be willing to bet he has the answer. Good luck!

I hate to bring bad news, but I heard Gary at GWM was killed in a freak accident. I had recommended a friend of mine to contact him and they told him he had been killed. I think at the race track but not while racing his bike. He was good guy and really helped me out when I needed a phase converter. GWM is still in business and has great products.

It would seem to me you should only need a 15 hp motor to do the job ok. The electronics end is another matter. Phase converters don't do a good job of producing good clean power. If you can isolate the electronics and run the single phase you would be ahead and drop some of the load at the same time.

Back