Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rklopp View Post
    This thread prompted me to go out in the garage and turn on my PT330 and the radio next to it. I don't get any radio interference that I can hear on either the AM or FM dial. I do get slight AM interference from my Monarch 10EE tube-drive modular, and from a VFD that's close to the radio. Some of the leads coming to and from my PP are in plastic liquid-tite conduit, which I don't view as a very good EMI shield. I have not noticed anything weird going on with my microwave, either.

I am just offering this up as a data point about a PT330 installation.
    I've used the "Sealtite" brand ISTR, on a couple of things around the patch and IIRC it has a thin Aluminium flex layer embedded.

Uncertain contributor, depending on how terminated or even-IF, but even as a floating capacitor plate, might potentially serve to attenuate the frequencies believe to be involved as to radiating, locally.

2CW

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    The OEM's new specs are here:

LF Series High Performance AC Filters - Filter Concepts

Note that below 50 Khz, it attenuate at only about 6 dB.

I haven't yet had sight of where the P-P is oscillating. Hz-wise.

NB: It has capacitors in it. I am wary of buying those used, or even NOS, gone "stale", days clocked since first made.

It might end up no more use than a past-sell-by-date VFD?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Luckily, the capacitors used in the fiters are not electrolytic, so they do not lose polarization, or go stale..... As a rule they will be film type, and last indefinitely.

Now, if the unit were a "take-out", a used unit, you would have no particular idea what had happened to it, what might be damaged in such a way as to no longer work. And you probably have no good way to check it.

The new specs linked by Thermite show 18 dB attenuation for line to ground signals (common mode, typically), which is decent at 50kHz. It will cost a good bit to get more than that. The 6 dB is for differential mode, which may not be very effective at getting through the transformers onto the distribution power line anyway, so the lower attenuation for that mode is not all bad.

Spec....

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/8...8bd-184172.pdf