What's new
What's new

Phase perfect / PT380 Jitter

amctony

Plastic
I have seen a few strings dealing with this topic. I am wondering if anyone has found a solution to it yet. The issue is with a PT380 Digital phase converter. There seems to be some jitter in the generated waveform that appears to be random. It is making the LED enclosure lighting in my Haas DT2 and Haas VM3 flicker like mad in sync with the jitter. The jitter is also audible with the tone of the buzz in the unit changing slightly. Voltage on the generated leg climbs 2 to 5 volts more above the normal +2 volts when the jitter is happening. Input seems to be good with the input voltage being 238 to 252 volts depending on time of day. Input voltage varies slowly during the day with very little change from hour to hour. The 2 Haas mills are the only thing attached to this system.

I have spent many hours on the phone with and emailing Phase Technologies about it. Their engineers say its normal but I find that hard to believe. There was also a bunch of noise on the output waveform but I was able to clean that up quite a bit by wiping the dirt off of the inductors inside the back of the unit. Caps are brand new and this did not fix the issue.

I am concerned that this could hurt my machinery. Does anyone else here have or had a similar issue, has it caused long term damage to equipment, and has anyone found a fix?

Phase Technologies suggestion was to change my LED lighting to incandescent. That does not solve the problem.

Thanks

Is this jitter and voltage climb happening with the machines at idle or is it while the machines are in accell or decell ?
Are your new filter caps the 480V ones?

What did you use to measure the noise/wave form? I'm looking into doing that here as well.

Back