phase quest with CNC ??
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default phase quest with CNC ??

Anyone have experience with phase quest they claim or at least the salesman claims they will run cnc equipment , I was going to get a American rotary but the price is so much better with phase quest

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looking on their website they show some photos of the control box, and it does not appear to me that they have the circuitry needed to add and remove capacitors to keep the voltage balanced. -as such, they are no better or worse than any other RPC if it is properly ballanced and large enough.

why not just buy a kit off ebay and find your own motor?

there seems to be some talk about special motors, specifically low impedance rotors produce better balancing, I believe American rotary claims this. i tend to believe it, but you can just use a larger motor to compensate for any benefit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by johansen View Post
    Looking on their website they show some photos of the control box, and it does not appear to me that they have the circuitry needed to add and remove capacitors to keep the voltage balanced. -as such, they are no better or worse than any other RPC if it is properly ballanced and large enough.

why not just buy a kit off ebay and find your own motor?

there seems to be some talk about special motors, specifically low impedance rotors produce better balancing, I believe American rotary claims this. i tend to believe it, but you can just use a larger motor to compensate for any benefit.
    I was looking at american rotary and might still go that way , the price of the phase quest is $900 cheaper though that's what got me thinking.
    The salesman claims they work fine on cnc and are balanced but would like to hear actual testimonials of someone who has or seen one in operation on cnc