What's new
What's new

Please recommend a good 240 3phase vfd

marc1968

Plastic
ok. I agree why the HY vfd is banned from discussion. I can attest they are junk. Just had a long day fighting with one. Here's my question. I have successfully used a rotary phase converter in the past. I'm pushing it's limits and want to power using a vfd.

Single phase 240 input. I understand I should look for double the power of my 5hp motor because of the higher current using only one phase input. Although I don't mind building or buying a rectifier and going straight to the DC bus if need be.

Anyway, just looking for some name and part numbers of 10hp units (or 5hp that will work with my 5hp) I can find used for not too much money.

Yes it's a home project. Thanks in advance. I love this forum.

ok. I agree why the HY vfd is banned from discussion. I can attest they are junk. Just had a long day fighting with one. Here's my question. I have successfully used a rotary phase converter in the past. I'm pushing it's limits and want to power using a vfd.

Single phase 240 input. I understand I should look for double the power of my 5hp motor because of the higher current using only one phase input. Although I don't mind building or buying a rectifier and going straight to the DC bus if need be.

Anyway, just looking for some name and part numbers of 10hp units (or 5hp that will work with my 5hp) I can find used for not too much money.

Yes it's a home project. Thanks in advance. I love this forum.

"USED" back in the day when nearly ALL VFD were for hard-core heavy-lifter industrial use and built like P-47's to take a beating and just carry on, some among us had great runs off of.

Modern VFD built down to a high-volume, mass-market "price point" "used is a dice-roll loaded the wrong direction.

What you want is major-maker WITH WARRANTY. Because crystal-radio daze onward, 'infant mortality" has always been a major factor in anything electronical.

Fail in the first 30 days, If not run 30 years.

Teco, Weg, Hitachi.. several others in the cheap seats.

Look and see what folks like Marshall Wolf Automation are carrying.
Make a shortlist. Shop other sources, too, same list.

Last year's good answer will always get competition, so what's "good" drifts, over time.

Back