What's new
What's new

Please Review Diagram

rhoward

Hot Rolled
Getting ready to connect a 7hp 3 phase motor to my Monarch lathe. I have drawn a diagram/schematic that I think is correct but would like some experienced eyes to review it before I throw the switch. See attachment. Thanks.3-PH Contactor.jpg

The diagram looks fine. If your using a phase converter, make sure the generated leg is connected to L2, so that it's not powering your starter coil.

SAF Ω

The wiring is OK, but do you really want to use only 2 overload relays? That design has been obsolete since the 1960's. Current designs call for all three legs to be monitored. If you are using an RPC this is doubly important as the phase currents are not likely to be balanced.

Tom

The wiring is OK, but do you really want to use only 2 overload relays? That design has been obsolete since the 1960's. Current designs call for all three legs to be monitored. If you are using an RPC this is doubly important as the phase currents are not likely to be balanced.

Tom

What contactor do you recommend Tom? I will be using an RPC. The diagram I show is for the contactor that came with the lathe. Sounds like I should upgrade?

Randy

Back