What's new
What's new

Prototrak mx2 xyz pro 2000

Donal13

Plastic
Hi
I recently purchased a 1997 xyz pro2000 with a protrak mx2 cnc on x and y axis. I am currently running it on a 3 phase converter but this is not working well with my computer module for cnc it burnt out its power supply. I've heard it's due to the way in with the 3 phase is developed through converter. I was hoping someone would have a diagram or photos of how the computer module and screen can be ran from single phase. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Some photos below of power box
Thanks
395367dbdd639f2dd8ff1469acb9c371.jpg
3597ed1c39f5fc89ac870e36a364bca5.jpg
a1d5c8635a3b159720f1e7b34a9f8da8.jpg
556dbc5f0abb679fafa2318497587d8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Your pictures are not sharp/in focus, so it’s hard to read numbers and words.

How balanced are the legs of your rotary phase converter (RPC)?
You generally do not want to use the wild/generated leg to feed single phase or electronics.
Do you have documentation?

In the third picture, at the top is the cabinet switch/interlock. Take that plastic cover off that long gray vertical cable tray.
You need to trace the wires coming out the bottom screw terminals down to the transformer and read and understand how the transformer is wired and trace the wires coming out of the transformer.
Find which wires go into your electronics and trace back to the transformer.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for reply. I will get better pictures and that info this evening.

On mine the controls are set up on a separate 110V circuit, only the motor is three phase.

Can you split the computer input and just wire it up to a 110V outlet?

On mine the controls are set up on a separate 110V circuit, only the motor is three phase.

Can you split the computer input and just wire it up to a 110V outlet?
Thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I am trying to do separate both but I dont no how.

On mine there is a 110V power cable that plugs into the back of the head unit. Can you see if there is a power receptacle in the back of it?

Like this?

On mine the head unit sends the 110V to the control box in the back via a circular plastic AMP connector. The motor is completely separate from the rest of the machine.

Attachments

• 703W-00^08.jpg
    703W-00^08.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 21
Thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I am trying to do separate both but I dont no how.

Doing that requires you to trace out wiring to figure out what things are.
You also should have specified what your input power is. You said 3ph, but not voltage.
I’m guessing you are probably feeding it 230V-ish 3ph

That transformer at the bottom looks like single phase, and is probably being fed 2 legs and is to step down to controls/electronics voltages.

So, in the likely case that your electronics is 120V 1ph, you could reroute everything to a separate 120V input.

Doing that requires you to trace out wiring to figure out what things are.
You also should have specified what your input power is. You said 3ph, but not voltage.
I’m guessing you are probably feeding it 230V-ish 3ph

That transformer at the bottom looks like single phase, and is probably being fed 2 legs and is to step down to controls/electronics voltages.

So, in the likely case that your electronics is 120V 1ph, you could reroute everything to a separate 120V input.
Rpseguin you were correct the transformer was powered by L3 with had very high voltage see image above

On mine there is a 110V power cable that plugs into the back of the head unit. Can you see if there is a power receptacle in the back of it?

Like this?

On mine the head unit sends the 110V to the control box in the back via a circular plastic AMP connector. The motor is completely separate from the rest of the machine.
Would you have a couple of images of your by any chance? Thanks

look on the back of the MX2 box with the screen

The bottom most is the 110V inlet, its a standard cord you can find at any best buy or walmart, it powers the whole cnc apparatus, you should be able to run all the motors etc just by that.

The round connector, second from the bottom is the AC power to the drives in a seperate box at the back of the machine.

Attachments

• 20200902_153854.jpg
    20200902_153854.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200902_153910.jpg
    20200902_153910.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 39
look on the back of the MX2 box with the screen

The bottom most is the 110V inlet, its a standard cord you can find at any best buy or walmart, it powers the whole cnc apparatus, you should be able to run all the motors etc just by that.

The round connector, second from the bottom is the AC power to the drives in a seperate box at the back of the machine.
Thanks I'll have a look tomorrow and chase other wires I have to wait on my new power supply now due to it blowing up [emoji85] I'll

Back