What's new
What's new

QWIK-STOP any documentation around?

danielwenzel

Plastic
I picked up a Square D dc injection brake module Type ETBC ( class 8922 ). I found the wiring diagram from Square D but I can't quite figure out the wiring sequence from the diagram alone. I am pretty much a novice at this stuff..

QWIK-STOP seems to be a legacy product and I can't find any literature on it. Does anyone have documentation for these injection brakes? Is there any chance that someone would be able to point me in the right direction?

Daniel Wenzel

If I'm not mistaken, Sq. D never actually manufactured those brakes, I think they were brand labeled from a company called Pilz. Pilz is still around and in the safety relay and electronic brake business. They may not support the Sq. D product, but theirs may be similar.

Update: Sorry, it looks as though Pilz no longer makes or supports brakes. But this company in the UK says they have something that replaces them:
http://www.inverter.co.uk/electric-motor-controls/dc-injection-brakes.htm
Maybe they can send you a diagram so you can see if it is similar.

Thanks for the reply. I will try to research further from your link.

this unit was certainly made in W. Germany.... labeled Square D Starkstrom.

I will probably have to set up a test motor and play with it to see if I can figure out the wiring from the diagram. Should be a learning experience.
If I fry the unit at least I don't have much into it.

daniel

Attachments

• e1cc_1.JPG
    e1cc_1.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 534
Wiring diagram

Hi, Did you manage to get a wiring diagram for the Square D Injection brake? I have access to one of these brakes here in Australia, and also wondered if there is any schematics around to figure out how to hook them up?

Regards Richard

Back