What's new
What's new

Help with elecrtical connections

herowelder

Plastic
fan motor model #.jpgfan motor (2).jpg
I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. It was closest to what I thought would be right.
I recently bought a "service station air compressor" to get the 1 HP GE motor to use on my exhaust fan. It ran well on 110 power but I would like to run it on 220. The cover plate and the wiring diagram are long gone. The motor has wires labeled 1-10 It has two capacitors. Their wire numbers are 6 and 8. Does anyone have the rest of the puzzle?

The model # is 5KC143AL212

jraef My motor has 10 numbered wires and they are all brown. The numbers are printed on the wire and stamped on a metal clip. This motor also has two capacitors with one wire in and out on each, that are numbers 6 and 8. So thanks for the schem. you posted but does not seem to apply. I tried the diagram posted earlier for a 10 wire 1 1/2 hp Ge And that did nothing. I saw it run on 110 so i will try to go back there again to make sure it works at all now.

The numbers are fairly standardized.... most any motor with factory numbered leads should wire up according to the usual number diagram. If not, then either there is a motor defect, or the numbers are non-standard.

Yes this diagram worked on my motor. The problem I had was a simple breaker issue. I attempted to use a narrow double throw double pole breaker for in my CH 200 amp box, But it still only picks up the two 120 lines from the same leg. An experienced electrician would have known this in the first place. But being just me, I did not. The good fate part is that during the process of figuring this out we accidentally found out (before it was mounted where I couldn't hear it) the bearings are bad in this motor. It was on a compressor before and definitely could not hear the bearings growling there. So all for the best. Thanks for your helps.

Back