What's new
What's new

Switch 220V Input to VFD

rambo2_981

Plastic
I've a configuration that uses a dedicated VFD to drive a three phase machine from 220V single phase. I added a switch to the 220V input to the VFD, and configured the VFD to auto-start once 220V power is supplied so that the three phase machine starts when the 220V power is switched on to the VFD (configuration settings were provided by the manufacturer when I provided my setup to them). I asked the manufacturer if this configuration is problematic in any way, and they said no. But, I wanted to ask here if anyone has any concerns with this configuration. The three phase output from the VFD is hard-cabled to the three phase motor input.

This is the VFD: 301 Moved Permanently

Shouldn't be any problem as long as the machine is safe to auto-start and there is no possibility of someone getting caught off guard in case there's a power outage and someone starts poking around in the machine not realizing that it will auto-start as soon as the power comes back on.

There's a parameter for that in many VFDs, so it should not be harmful to the drive.

Back