What's new
What's new

TECO E510 on a 1200 RPM FRAY mill

NRDock

Cast Iron
I've hooked up a 2 HP TECO E510 to the 1 Hp 1200 RPM motor on my Fray mill, but can't get the parameters right. It turns the spindle a few times before throwing a "CF08" Code. I've raised the PMSLV current from 50 to 100, and I've raised the PMSLV acceleration from 1 to 2. No change. I think I've performed the Auto tune. No Change.

I'm tired and don't understand everything I've tried. At the moment, I'm fixated on a minor annoyance: Whenever I change a parameter, the only way to get back to a point where I can attempt a start is to power down and back up again. There has to be a better way, but I haven't found it yet.

Any advice is welcome.

OK, I've calmed down and got that last part figured out now. At least I can sleep.

I assume you are not running a PM type motor, just a standard 3 phase motor so you most likely have the wrong motor parameters.as the fault is for a PM motor. Without seeing what is programmed it is hard to guess what is programmed incorrectly. You may want to do a factory reset and just adjust the parameters in segments to see where you are developing the fault.

Looking briefly at the manual basic parameters with suggestions would be:

CODE
00-00 should be 2: SLV
00-32 should be 0: General

Group 01 V/F parameters should be default unless you have an unusual motor.

Group 02 IM Motor parameters need to be set to your motor
02-00 should populate from autotune data unless on the motor plate
02-01 is the rated current X 120% for an older motor
02-03 is 1200 RPM
02-04 rated voltage on name plate as wired
02-05 rated power is 0.75 kW
02-06 is 60Hz
02-07 poles = 6
When you run autotune other motor parameters will be adjusted, this can be static with the belt on or rotational with the belt off. Check that group 17 parameters match your motor nameplate, these should be populated from the group 02 parameters. The group22 parameters should not be used, assuming you do not have a PM motor.

You typically need to exit the programming mode to run the VFD, this depends on the VFD and the parameters.

Thanks!

I'm out of town for a few days, but have absorbed most of your advice. A big part of my problem came from downloading a PDF manual that doesn't agree with my paper one. I highlighted the settings I thought I needed to review/change and sent the manual to my phone for handy reference. At this point, a factory reset is in order. 13-08 code 4?

I recall being unable to get into the group 02 settings, and later, tired and confused by two different manuals stumbled into group 22. That must be the source of most of my troubles.

I just noticed the user names on my two posts are different. Somehow I've created two different accounts on two different computers.

I assume you are not running a PM type motor, just a standard 3 phase motor so you most likely have the wrong motor parameters.as the fault is for a PM motor. Without seeing what is programmed it is hard to guess what is programmed incorrectly. You may want to do a factory reset and just adjust the parameters in segments to see where you are developing the fault.

Looking briefly at the manual basic parameters with suggestions would be:

CODE
00-00 should be 2: SLV
00-32 should be 0: General

Group 01 V/F parameters should be default unless you have an unusual motor.

Group 02 IM Motor parameters need to be set to your motor
02-00 should populate from autotune data unless on the motor plate
02-01 is the rated current X 120% for an older motor
02-03 is 1200 RPM
02-04 rated voltage on name plate as wired
02-05 rated power is 0.75 kW
02-06 is 60Hz
02-07 poles = 6
When you run autotune other motor parameters will be adjusted, this can be static with the belt on or rotational with the belt off. Check that group 17 parameters match your motor nameplate, these should be populated from the group 02 parameters. The group22 parameters should not be used, assuming you do not have a PM motor.

You typically need to exit the programming mode to run the VFD, this depends on the VFD and the parameters.

I know this thread is a 18 months old, but wanted to say thanks since that doesn't happen enough on any forum. Your post saved me all sorts of trouble! I just put an E510 on my mill and was getting the same error...it was set for PMSLV and doing exactly what the OP's was. Changed that, tweaked a few other things and it's running perfectly!

Back