What's new
What's new

Is there a small three phase sub panel made?

Trboatworks

Diamond
I am installing a Phase Perfect and need a small panel for circuit protection.

I just have two circuits so am looking for a relatively small sub panel.
Any ideals what to pick up?

Thanks all

Edit- to get me started a surface mount 30 amp breaker I could install in the PP cabinet would serve.
Any such animal exists?

Edit edit….
And this is available with C trip curve:

https://smile.amazon.com/NDB2-63C20...ds=three+phase+breaker&qid=1629142245&sr=8-22

Motor loads on that?

I just picked up a little square d qo panel on ebay. I think it’s f 6 breakers. I bet you can’t buy anything new, even with fuses for as cheap as you can find something similar on ebay. I even got the breakers there.

All- thank you for assistance.
I ended up purchasing the breaker in link above and will just mount it in the PP cabinet on a piece of DIN rail.

A 12 circuit 3Φ panel, main lug only (MLO). Use one 3 pole breaker back-fed as a main breaker. Then you would have room left for three more three pole breakers (9 available poles remaining). The two 3 poles you need and one additional 3 pole space. Available from several manufacturers.

Why a backfeed main? OCP would be at the PP end, and a panel that size will only hold 4 three phase breakers so it's well within the 6 handle limit for not needing a main disconnect. That said, I'd just find something on ebay, most likely larger and also a fraction of the price of a new small panel and then you have room for expansion as well as $ savings for breakers.

Back