What's new
What's new

Three Phase Converter for HAAS help please

danmcph

Plastic
I am purchasing a VF2 and a TL2. I am a hobbyist and my shop has Single Phase only.

I can get the TL2 in single phase configuration or 3 phase, but the VF2 only comes in 3 phase. I was thinking of getting the TL as a single phase and the VF as a 3 phase. This makes it less expensive because I can purchase a smaller three phase converter and still run both machines at the same time. Additionally my understanding is the "standby" draw level of the converter would be less than if I bought a larger converter.

What is the drawback of getting the TL set up single phase and would I notice it?

Also, I believe the phase converter must be a rotary type, please tell me if I am wrong. I see a huge difference in price between a converter from Phoenix converter and one from Phase Perfect. Is there a recommended place to purchase the converter from? I am pretty ignorant on the subject so I would love some guidance from you guys.

Thanks again

Contact the folks at American Rotary. They have good converters and can offer suggestions and solutions.

Back