What's new
What's new

Transfformers on sale at HGR

Froneck

Titanium
I'm constantly checking at HGR for good deals for items I can use. HRG Surplus is in Euclid Ohio. (next to Cleveland) I often find some great deals! From time to time I see posters here that have 460/480 Delta with no ground. Two transformers available 460 to 460 Delta to Wye 51KVA are on HGR listed last chance at $109.99 each. They are also listed in the up coming sale as 30% less or $77. In addition the diagram shows multiple input taps so that some of the Electrical Wizards here can possibly help with other voltage connections. They will change your Delta to Wye with a ground.
Not sure if the sale will include these transformers but don't hurt to ask them if you have interest. Item numbers 1119-151-0012 and 1119-151-0007
Used Machinery & Industrial Equipment | HGR Industrial Surplus

I'm constantly checking at HGR for good deals for items I can use. HRG Surplus is in Euclid Ohio. (next to Cleveland) I often find some great deals! From time to time I see posters here that have 460/480 Delta with no ground. Two transformers available 460 to 460 Delta to Wye 51KVA are on HGR listed last chance at $109.99 each. They are also listed in the up coming sale as 30% less or $77. In addition the diagram shows multiple input taps so that some of the Electrical Wizards here can possibly help with other voltage connections. They will change your Delta to Wye with a ground.
Not sure if the sale will include these transformers but don't hurt to ask them if you have interest. Item numbers 1119-151-0012 and 1119-151-0007
Used Machinery & Industrial Equipment | HGR Industrial Surplus

What's you cut ?

Here is what Frank posted in another thread, Leblonde 32x96:

I see another lathe at HGR Leblond 32 X 96 with lost of extras. Probably has E size quick change tool post, Steady rests and tool holders. Looks to be a tracer lathe but has all the other components needed to make it an Engine Lathe. Item number 0819-154-0001 Last Chance price $1,515.00 weight 25,985. I talk to Marshall Michaels, he's my go to guy but any salesman will do. Might be able to make an offer and get it for less. Just a note since I've listed a few machines here at HGR, I have no affiliation with them, any sales will not benefit me in any way. I simple go to their site often looking of stuff that I can use and if I see something I think is worth mentioning I will so as to get someone here a good deal! Simply put it would be something I would make an offer on if I had the room for it!

Thanks Rob F. As Rob posted from another Forum I get nothing! No one there knows I post items here so I don't get as much as a thank you! My only reason for posting is I hope someone here can get a good deal on something they need! A transformer that's 51KVA for the price listed is Very Cheap!

Thanks Rob F. As Rob posted from another Forum I get nothing! No one there knows I post items here so I don't get as much as a thank you! My only reason for posting is I hope someone here can get a good deal on something they need! A transformer that's 51KVA for the price listed is Very Cheap!

I would like to mention that a transformer is not required to change from wye to delta or visa/versa. It is all about the installation in the bldg. There can only be one connection at the entrance point of the building between neutral and safety ground. As long as that reference is made at the entrance point, all loads 4 wire or 5 wire can be accommodated with out a transformer. A transformer is only required if you wish to change leg voltage.

Only if it works....

coming from HGR?? IDK about that. :scratchchin:

I would like to mention that a transformer is not required to change from wye to delta or visa/versa. It is all about the installation in the bldg. There can only be one connection at the entrance point of the building between neutral and safety ground. As long as that reference is made at the entrance point, all loads 4 wire or 5 wire can be accommodated with out a transformer. A transformer is only required if you wish to change leg voltage.
Sorry your wrong! Many locations have Delta power. If you have Delta there is no ground! You can do what's called corner grounding, that is simply connecting to ground one leg of the Delta transformer even if it is the transformer on the pole. It will be the same if for some reason you run a transformer backwards to get 480 from a 240 line that's a Delta to Wye transformer so now its operating Wye to Delta, there is no Neutral or Ground. The service Neutral and Ground are now isolated so that there is no 4th wire. Granted not many building have Delta connection however they do exist and if Corner Grounding is not desired the only way is to use a Delta to Wye transformer! Some Delta output transformers do have a 4th connection for low voltage but is is limited plus the voltage will vary on the 3rd line. But as I mentioned usually Delta supplied power has no neutral or ground and in these applications the only option for neutral is Delta to Wye transformer! I know of no way to change from Wye to Delta without a transformer! Don't confuse Delta with Open Delta that is often suppiled and is usually 240VAC so that 120VAC is available but as mentioned above the third leg to neutral or ground is much higher than 120VAC and often called the "Wild Leg"

As to the transformer working ChipSplitter you have a good point! HGR has a lot of Junk! Most of the stuff is dumped because it has problems! I usually look close at the item to see if there is any sign of repair attempt. Being I'm about 5 hours away I do pick-up my stuff. I make the deal and pay for it if I can't get there soon. However when I do get there I inspect the item, HGR will refund for any reason. I have taken items back on a revisit trip and even if it was quite a while since I picked-up the item I got a refund. However if the item is shipped via what ever means the shipping cost either way is NOT refunded! These transformers look to be in new condition, have no idea if they are. However I have purchased about 20 transformers from HGR, Large and small, none of them were bad! A few were new and never used. Just keep in mind buying anything at HGR is a pig in a poke! Shipping cost is not refundable! Personnel there are salesmen, know about as much of the items being sold as I know about brain surgery! Brain is in the skull someplace though I not sure if that's true for everyone.

Last edited:

Back