What's new
What's new

What brand converter?

G8KeaPoR

Aluminum
Hey all. I know it has been asked time and time again but I didn't see anything recent when I did the search or I missed them in the results. Anyway I basically was looking at an RPC for a brother s500x1. I only have one 3 phase device. The problem I have is who to use. I ruled out ACE and TEMCO as any company that feels the need to mislead to promote their product is something I wont support. If you are wondering I am referring to the 30 or so websites that are so called phase converter review sites that basically call everything else junk which happen to be run by TEMCO/ACE. I noticed some decent feedback on American rotary but it was all from a few years ago. Basically I am open to anything that is not made in china.

I went with a Phase Perfect 11 years ago for my drill/tap centers and have no regrets. It replaced a rotary converter. It is just the 10 size. I also bucked the single phase voltage down to 220 before the converter.

Yeah I checked them out. I know the age old adage of you get what you paid for but I just can't pay 4k for one of their converters right now. Though I am still hunting around for a used PP just in case one comes in my price range.

There's always NAPCES if you want US made. Their generators are made in the US by Baldor. We've incorporated their SmartBoost convertors (customer supplied) in one of our solutions. A quick look at their website suggests they are half the price of Phase Perfect.

Smart-Boost

I have minimal first hand experience of these, but given the customer, they should be OK.

So I talked to all three places. First I just want to say all of them were great and helpful. But I have to go where my budget allows. Going with the NAPCES for now. I will touch base with how it works out for me later on. I would have loved to have gotten a Phase Perfect but being a start-up there are so many costs involved that I need to get turning the mill as soon as I can.

Hi

I have just installed a American Rotary ADX 10. Works very well with my shop and would recommend them. Give them a call. Here is a link to the one I purchased:

https://www.americanrotary.com/products/view/adx-smart-converter

Bob

Yeah I checked with them. My CNC has a 10hp spindle motor on it. Typically they would recommend the AD or ADX-20 but because of my machines amperage requirements they could only support my machine on a 30. That kinda priced me to high for the time being.

I have been using an ARCO Roto-phase for years now, it has been good, and I didn't get it new. They are in Indiana, IIRC, still in business last time I checked.

Yeah I checked with them. My CNC has a 10hp spindle motor on it. Typically they would recommend the AD or ADX-20 but because of my machines amperage requirements they could only support my machine on a 30. That kinda priced me to high for the time being.

FYI, a Phase Perfect does NOT need any overrating like the RPCs. A 10hp PP would work just fine.

I have my whole shop running on a PT-380 (30hp model) and it works wonderful. :cloud9:

Back