What's new
What's new

Where to get motor leads, labels and varnish?

Doug W

Hot Rolled
I have gone it to a 7.5 hp Euro lathe motor with solid lead wires with crumbly insulation.
B1y5irJ.jpg

Carefully removed the string.
eBlROYR.jpg

Exposing the lead connections.
XupLX2W.jpg

Now where can I buy online motor leads, either premarked in Euro style W1,W2,W3,U1,U2...etc or labels I attach?
The current solid wire is about 0.070" diameter or....13 gauge but I want to go stranded.

The sleeves look in good shape and reusable, what varnish do I use?

And string?

Bonus, know where I can find that white plastic fantastic terminal block?
Mine is brittle and broke.

I have a roll of what might be that type of string. It is some sort of electrical tie string IIRC. I will check to see if I can easily find it. If it is right you can have some of it for the cost of shipping. It might be to big though, let me look.

Locating materials used for the rebuilding of electrical apparatuses can be a daunting task.
Finding a receptive local motor shop willing to supply, or provide what you need is also a tall order.

If you really want to roll your sleeves up, and dive into the search for materials,
the URL below is a place to get you started.

It's a 2017 PDF of the Barks Publication Bench Reference Guide. A 2019 version is likely available but
you'll have to buy that one.... and I believe the newest version comes out this month sometime.

http://icc-international.squarespace.com/s/2017_EMBRcompressed.pdf

Good Luck, and have Fun!

John

Back