What's new
What's new

wiring 110v

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstef

Plastic
Hello, this might seem like a dumb question but I don't want to damage my VFD....Most instructions are for 220v wiring, I purchased a 110v Hyunyang VFD and a 110v 2.2kw spindle.. How do I wire the 110v to R,S,T, terminals?

Why is that VFD brand treated so disrespectfully?

Dad.jpg.jpg

Before your post is locked, where is the link to the VFD manual?

Hello, this might seem like a dumb question but I don't want to damage my VFD....Most instructions are for 220v wiring, I purchased a 110v Hyunyang VFD and a 110v 2.2kw spindle.. How do I wire the 110v to R,S,T, terminals?
I was not aware that Hyunhyang manufactured a 120volt input VFD. Can you provide the model number you purchased.
If it is a 120 input model, there would be a wiring diagram for this. But when you state 2.2Kw, that's 3HP, and I don't see 120V input models of any manufacture that is greater then 3/4HP motor size.
I believe you need to wire your system with 240V input for this large a HP motor.

EDIT, I see these are on eBay. And the motor is 110V rated, which is not the normal VFD I'm aware of that uses 120 input, and has a voltage doubler to produce power for a 240VAC 3 phase motor.
The manual must have a diagram for 120 input 120 output.

The spindle itself is 110volts also. The manual only covers connection for 220v, manual covers many different models. Spindle says 110v 8.5 amps. VFD model HY02D211B, input ac110v, output 3ph 110v, 20 amps, 2,2kw

Joe

Connect to any of the two input terminals per the description for the HY02D211B. Based on the output current you would need a 30-40A 120V input connection/breaker. The input is based on the VFD rating and not the load rating.

and I don't see 120V input models of any manufacture that is greater then 3/4HP motor size.

Weg, Brazil made them. I had one, new with Warranty. Galco sourced and 2 HP IIRC.

I'm sure they have competition, though I'm less sure "why" since 120 OR 240 VAC input units also exist, and some of them are even "doubler" capable to side-step need of a transformer.

Mine was only for fast testing of basic integrity of used 3-P motors where only a long extension cord could be had for power source. Or an inverter off the motorcar's 12V system.

It didn't have to spin them up to full gallop - just beat all Hell out of messing with meter readings, time-wise.

Well you just had to mention that name.... I'm tired of supporting those dang things.

Yep it's gonna be thread locky-poo now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back