What's new
What's new

Wiring up 1981 aged cnc milling machine

patryksvd

Plastic
Hello everyone!

I have oportunity to buy horizontal 3+1 axis milling machine for really cheap.
The problem is it's not connected to power supply. I thought it'd be easy since i've already wired up new Doosan DNM5700 sucesfully. Well it's not.

The machine is very old and I have no manuals for it. It runs Fanuc 6M.
So the problem is: there are three harnesses extend from electrical cabinet.

no.1 is very simply connectet to power supply box inside the cabinet. It's labeled R S T and ground.

no.2 connects to something deep inside the cabinet so I cannot see exactly where. Leads at the end of this cable are labeled as U V W and cutted ground lead. It's also handwritten "OUT" on this harness.

no.3 is almost the same as no.2 but leads on this one are U V R and it has ground lead also. And word "IN" is handwriten on it.

When I plug harness no.1 to 3 phase supply I can then turn on control panel and see couple of alarm. One is the spindle alarm circut not connected 1000 or something like that. So I think the other two harnesses connects axis motors and main spindle to power. But how should I connect it? It looks to me that these two harnesses should also be pluged to 3 phase power but whoa such a small machine and three connections to 3 different 3 phase power socets? I dont think so :eek:

The last thing is I cannot just go to that machine right now, took some additional pictures or do some testing becouse machine seller would have time for me just once within two weeks so I rather must prepar myself on one-day-instalation-and-testing.

I also post pictures in attachments of spoken harnesses and some other stuff that I took pictures last time.

I will be grateful for any help :cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Harness 3.jpg
    Harness 3.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Harness 2.jpg
    Harness 2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Harness 1.jpg
    Harness 1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Harness 2 -2.jpg
    Harness 2 -2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 26
Some additional photos. I think these two harnesses I have problem with are going to two transformers.
IMG_2454.jpgIMG_2401.jpgIMG_2390.jpgIMG_2388.jpgIMG_2384.jpg

Back